I trust this letter finds you and your family well and in great spirits. I appreciate the many prayers, calls and cards of love and support during my surgery. I am recovering well and am back at home in Dallas.
I want to share news of what our Cam Ranh leadership has been working on.
- Potential 40th Anniversary Reunion in Vietnam for the year 2015. Please indicate your level of interest for this trip. We will have a “mini-reunion” picnic this year, tentatively scheduled for the weekend of November 3- 2012. Please visit our website http://CamRanhOrphans.org for survey and details.
- Thomas Ho informed us of the results of last year's fundraising effort and Christmas gift giving to churches in Vietnam. As a result of your generous contributions, we gave $4000 to eight churches.
- We mourned the loss of two dear fathers Pastor Jim Gayle and cau Tam Dao. Your condolences and sympathies were truly appreciated by the families. Memorial donations were around $9000 in honor of them.
- A scholarship fund was established in memory of Rev. Ha Nguyen for school age children in Cam Ranh. Thirty students, ranging from 1st-5th grade applied for the scholarship. Each student sent a letter describing them, their economic situation, and need for the scholarship. We requested pastor Hoi from the Cam Ranh church and a teacher from the school to visit the families to confirm their eligibility. Five scholarships of $100 were awarded to a student from each grade level. (Read their letters online)
- Our leadership team felt it was necessary to help churches not only during Christmas, but throughout the year as needs arise. So we have determined that we should help provide for some of the ongoing needs such as chairs, fans, church building, and drinking wells for the community. By helping the local church meet these basic human needs, the church is able to reach its community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We are also discussing how to effectively tell the story of our “miracle journey” via video (film, documentary, etc). Willingness to share your story will be a witness to others.
Our fundraising goal for this year is $12,000. Ten thousand will be distributed among local churches and two thousand to fund student scholarships. Wouldn’t it be great to grant more than five student scholarships this year! We cannot meet every need, but we can begin with one. God instructs us to serve one another and to care for the “least of these”. So will you please pray and give.
You may send your tax-deductible contributions to this address or give online at CamRanhOrphans.org
Cam Ranh Orphans
Dallas, Texas 75374
With love and blessing,
Co Xuan Cam Ranh Orphans, P.O.BOX 742435 Dallas, Texas 75374